Alld HC extends interim stay on transfer of UP police
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Friday
extended an interim order restraining the government from
relieving thousands of police personnel from the place of
Justice Shishir Kumar extended interim order till May 4,
2010 on a writ petition filed by about 15,000 police
personnel, including sub-inspectors, who had approached the
court against transfer orders through which they were shifted
to places away from their home districts.
The order of transfer had been passed by the respective
IGPs of the zones on the basis of a government order. The GO
had effected transfer of police personnel who were posted in a
district adjacent to their home district.
On April 9, passing an interim order the HC had directed
the government not to relieve the personnel in pursuance of
the order and the case was posted to this day.
The court had directed that the authorities would not
relieve the transferred sub-inspectors and constables, who
have approached the court, until further orders.
The petitioners had moved the court with the plea that
they had been transferred without taking due approval from the
Police Establishment Board, set up in accordance with a
Supreme Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested