Alld HC extends interim stay on transfer of UP police
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Friday
extended an interim order restraining the government from
relieving thousands of police personnel from the place of
Justice Shishir Kumar extended interim order till May 4,
2010 on a writ petition filed by about 15,000 police
personnel, including sub-inspectors, who had approached the
court against transfer orders through which they were shifted
to places away from their home districts.
The order of transfer had been passed by the respective
IGPs of the zones on the basis of a government order. The GO
had effected transfer of police personnel who were posted in a
district adjacent to their home district.
On April 9, passing an interim order the HC had directed
the government not to relieve the personnel in pursuance of
the order and the case was posted to this day.
The court had directed that the authorities would not
relieve the transferred sub-inspectors and constables, who
have approached the court, until further orders.
The petitioners had moved the court with the plea that
they had been transferred without taking due approval from the
Police Establishment Board, set up in accordance with a
Supreme Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug