Alleged rape victim turns hostile in UP
Meerut: A girl, who had accused a government officer of raping her and her mother, has retracted from her allegations, police said on Wednesday.
In a written statement to the police yesterday, the girl retracted from her allegations and said that there has been a misunderstanding.
The girl further said that she and her family don`t want to take an action against the accused, Rahul Kaushik. She also refused to get her statement recorded, police said.
On May 21, the girl had lodged a complaint that the accused, who is married, raped her after giving her sedatives and also filmed it, which he was using to blackmail her. She also alleged that he raped her mother, who was working as a maid at his home when he was preparing for IAS exams.
According to the girl, the accused who claimed that he was a 2008-batch IAS officer, used the clip to blackmail her and raped her several times in Meerut and Delhi.
The case was handed over to area officer Manisha Singh, who had filed a case against the officer on May 31 after primary investigation.
Earlier, however, police had claimed that no IAS officer by the name of Rahul Kaushik was found in the 2008 batch, but later it was found in the investigation that the accused is working with the Indian Postal Department and is posted in Karol Bagh in Delhi.
"The investigation in the case is still on even after the girl`s statement. If required, a case will be filed against the girl for lodging false complaint," the SSP PRO has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing