Alleged recruitment scandal: UP Speaker sacks OSD, suspends PA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey on Sunday terminated services of the Official on Special Duty and suspended his Personal Assistant after their names cropped up in an alleged recruitment scandal.
OSD R C Mishra had been dismissed and PA J K Dwivedi suspended and a probe ordered into the matter by the Speaker after their names figured in the alleged scandal, an official said here.
The action against them followed after one Umesh Kumar Singh filed an FIR on June 27 at the Hazratganj Police Station alleging some persons had taken a huge amount of money from several youths on the pretext of providing them jobs in March 2011.
The names of Mishra, Dwivedi and two others figured in the FIR, an official said.
The Speaker had directed police to probe the matter and and send him their report within 15 days, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics