Alleged recruitment scandal: UP Speaker sacks OSD, suspends PA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey on Sunday terminated services of the Official on Special Duty and suspended his Personal Assistant after their names cropped up in an alleged recruitment scandal.
OSD R C Mishra had been dismissed and PA J K Dwivedi suspended and a probe ordered into the matter by the Speaker after their names figured in the alleged scandal, an official said here.
The action against them followed after one Umesh Kumar Singh filed an FIR on June 27 at the Hazratganj Police Station alleging some persons had taken a huge amount of money from several youths on the pretext of providing them jobs in March 2011.
The names of Mishra, Dwivedi and two others figured in the FIR, an official said.
The Speaker had directed police to probe the matter and and send him their report within 15 days, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees