Alleged thief lynched by mob
Pilibhit: A man was allegedly lynched by a mob on the suspicion of being a thief in Gajraula area of the district, police said on Monday.
Four "thieves" allegedly barged into a house of Manjit Singh of Bakainia village late last night, however, Singh raised an alarm and they were chased by some villagers, police said.
Three of the assailants managed to flee.
However, the mob grabbed one Minda and thrashed him to death, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off