Alleged thief lynched by mob
Pilibhit: A man was allegedly lynched by a mob on the suspicion of being a thief in Gajraula area of the district, police said on Monday.
Four "thieves" allegedly barged into a house of Manjit Singh of Bakainia village late last night, however, Singh raised an alarm and they were chased by some villagers, police said.
Three of the assailants managed to flee.
However, the mob grabbed one Minda and thrashed him to death, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days