Alleging harassment, trader threatens to immolate himself
Meerut: Alleging harassment at the hands of a SP leader, a trader on Thursday threatened to immolate himself at the Janta Darbar of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The 70-year-old Satya Prakash Agarwal, in his letter to Akhilesh, also alleged that the city police did not lodge his complaint as it was hand in gloves with the politician.
Agarwal said the Baghpat-based leader and his supporters were trying to occupy his land and started to threaten him after failing to do so following a court order, which maintained that the possession of land shall lye with him.
In his letter, a copy of which was provided to the media, Agarwal said he also lodged a complaint with SSP K Satyanarayan but no action has been taken so far.
Satyanarayan, however, said a letter has been sent to District Magistrate to look upon the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!