Alleging harassment, trader threatens to immolate himself
Meerut: Alleging harassment at the hands of a SP leader, a trader on Thursday threatened to immolate himself at the Janta Darbar of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The 70-year-old Satya Prakash Agarwal, in his letter to Akhilesh, also alleged that the city police did not lodge his complaint as it was hand in gloves with the politician.
Agarwal said the Baghpat-based leader and his supporters were trying to occupy his land and started to threaten him after failing to do so following a court order, which maintained that the possession of land shall lye with him.
In his letter, a copy of which was provided to the media, Agarwal said he also lodged a complaint with SSP K Satyanarayan but no action has been taken so far.
Satyanarayan, however, said a letter has been sent to District Magistrate to look upon the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'