Alleging harassment, trader threatens to immolate himself
Meerut: Alleging harassment at the hands of a SP leader, a trader on Thursday threatened to immolate himself at the Janta Darbar of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The 70-year-old Satya Prakash Agarwal, in his letter to Akhilesh, also alleged that the city police did not lodge his complaint as it was hand in gloves with the politician.
Agarwal said the Baghpat-based leader and his supporters were trying to occupy his land and started to threaten him after failing to do so following a court order, which maintained that the possession of land shall lye with him.
In his letter, a copy of which was provided to the media, Agarwal said he also lodged a complaint with SSP K Satyanarayan but no action has been taken so far.
Satyanarayan, however, said a letter has been sent to District Magistrate to look upon the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda