Alleging harassment, trader threatens to immolate himself
Meerut: Alleging harassment at the hands of a SP leader, a trader on Thursday threatened to immolate himself at the Janta Darbar of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The 70-year-old Satya Prakash Agarwal, in his letter to Akhilesh, also alleged that the city police did not lodge his complaint as it was hand in gloves with the politician.
Agarwal said the Baghpat-based leader and his supporters were trying to occupy his land and started to threaten him after failing to do so following a court order, which maintained that the possession of land shall lye with him.
In his letter, a copy of which was provided to the media, Agarwal said he also lodged a complaint with SSP K Satyanarayan but no action has been taken so far.
Satyanarayan, however, said a letter has been sent to District Magistrate to look upon the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!