Alleging harassment, trader threatens to immolate himself
Meerut: Alleging harassment at the hands of a SP leader, a trader on Thursday threatened to immolate himself at the Janta Darbar of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
The 70-year-old Satya Prakash Agarwal, in his letter to Akhilesh, also alleged that the city police did not lodge his complaint as it was hand in gloves with the politician.
Agarwal said the Baghpat-based leader and his supporters were trying to occupy his land and started to threaten him after failing to do so following a court order, which maintained that the possession of land shall lye with him.
In his letter, a copy of which was provided to the media, Agarwal said he also lodged a complaint with SSP K Satyanarayan but no action has been taken so far.
Satyanarayan, however, said a letter has been sent to District Magistrate to look upon the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India