Amar congratulates SP leader for sweeping UP polls
New Delhi: Congratulating Mulayam Singh Yadav
for sweeping UP Assembly polls, his former confidant Amar
Singh on Wednesday said the electorate preferred SP`s "immediate"
relief like unemployment allowance than his long term plan to
divide the state into smaller units for speedy development.
Singh`s year-old Rashtriya Lok Manch, which had fielded
360 candidates in UP, failed to open its account in the
Singh, who had left SP in 2010 following sharp
differences with Yadav, claimed that though politics is not
his "bread and butter", he wanted a "special purpose vehicle"
to put across his views on state`s development.
"The electorate decided to go for immediate relief like
Rs 1000 per month unemployment allowance announced as poll
manifesto. They did not take my plans to create a separate
Poorvanchal (east UP) for speedy development of the region,"
"Accepting" people`s mandate, he also congratulated Yadav
for storming to power in UP.
He addressed several meetings where he attacked Yadav and
supported the cause of Muslims.
But apparently, it failed to influence voters of UP who
gave a thumping majority to SP.
Singh also undertook a padyatra covering over 1000 km in
support of division of UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM