Amar congratulates SP leader for sweeping UP polls
New Delhi: Congratulating Mulayam Singh Yadav
for sweeping UP Assembly polls, his former confidant Amar
Singh on Wednesday said the electorate preferred SP`s "immediate"
relief like unemployment allowance than his long term plan to
divide the state into smaller units for speedy development.
Singh`s year-old Rashtriya Lok Manch, which had fielded
360 candidates in UP, failed to open its account in the
Singh, who had left SP in 2010 following sharp
differences with Yadav, claimed that though politics is not
his "bread and butter", he wanted a "special purpose vehicle"
to put across his views on state`s development.
"The electorate decided to go for immediate relief like
Rs 1000 per month unemployment allowance announced as poll
manifesto. They did not take my plans to create a separate
Poorvanchal (east UP) for speedy development of the region,"
"Accepting" people`s mandate, he also congratulated Yadav
for storming to power in UP.
He addressed several meetings where he attacked Yadav and
supported the cause of Muslims.
But apparently, it failed to influence voters of UP who
gave a thumping majority to SP.
Singh also undertook a padyatra covering over 1000 km in
support of division of UP.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today