Amar Singh backs Mayawati on splitting UP
New Delhi: Expelled SP leader Amar Singh on Monday came out in support of the BSP government on the resolution passed in Uttar Pradesh Assembly for division of
the state into four parts and said the Centre should now do the needful by creating new states.
In an apparent dig at Samajwadi Party, he said even socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia was a supporter of smaller states.
"Even great socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia favoured smaller states...Now the ball is in the Centre`s court and it should do the needful," Singh said.
But, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, said Singh was not aware of the philosophy of Lohia who was against creation of smaller states.
"Had he been alive, he would also not have allowed Chhattisgarh to have been carved out of Madhya Pradesh," Yadav said.
To a poser on whether the resolution was a political move, Singh, who now heads Lokmanch Party, said till the time it serve the interests of the common man, it did not matter whether it was a political move.
"Even the package for weavers can be termed as political move ahead of UP assembly elections. But till the time the people benefit, how does it matter," he said.
He said the creation of Awadh Pradesh, Poorvanchal, Paschim Pradesh and Bundelkhand will help the locals come out of their difficulties, including poor infrastructure, unemployment and power crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh