Amar Singh backs Mayawati on splitting UP
New Delhi: Expelled SP leader Amar Singh on Monday came out in support of the BSP government on the resolution passed in Uttar Pradesh Assembly for division of
the state into four parts and said the Centre should now do the needful by creating new states.
In an apparent dig at Samajwadi Party, he said even socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia was a supporter of smaller states.
"Even great socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia favoured smaller states...Now the ball is in the Centre`s court and it should do the needful," Singh said.
But, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, said Singh was not aware of the philosophy of Lohia who was against creation of smaller states.
"Had he been alive, he would also not have allowed Chhattisgarh to have been carved out of Madhya Pradesh," Yadav said.
To a poser on whether the resolution was a political move, Singh, who now heads Lokmanch Party, said till the time it serve the interests of the common man, it did not matter whether it was a political move.
"Even the package for weavers can be termed as political move ahead of UP assembly elections. But till the time the people benefit, how does it matter," he said.
He said the creation of Awadh Pradesh, Poorvanchal, Paschim Pradesh and Bundelkhand will help the locals come out of their difficulties, including poor infrastructure, unemployment and power crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer