Amar Singh, Jaya Prada detained in UP
Ghaziabad: Rashtriya Lok Manch President
Amar Singh and MP Jaya Prada were detained and prevented from
visiting a violence-hit village in Moradabad where
restrictions are in force.
Both the leaders were arrested at Garhmukteshwar last
night when they were proceeding towards Asatalpur village
where an irate mob indulged in arson and brick-batting,
injuring a Deputy Inspector General on July 6.
The mob was protesting alleged police misbehaviour
with some women in the village.
The two leaders were released after half-an-hour and
asked to return to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj