Amar Singh, Jaya Prada detained in UP
Ghaziabad: Rashtriya Lok Manch President
Amar Singh and MP Jaya Prada were detained and prevented from
visiting a violence-hit village in Moradabad where
restrictions are in force.
Both the leaders were arrested at Garhmukteshwar last
night when they were proceeding towards Asatalpur village
where an irate mob indulged in arson and brick-batting,
injuring a Deputy Inspector General on July 6.
The mob was protesting alleged police misbehaviour
with some women in the village.
The two leaders were released after half-an-hour and
asked to return to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match