Amar Singh, Jaya Prada detained in UP
Ghaziabad: Rashtriya Lok Manch President
Amar Singh and MP Jaya Prada were detained and prevented from
visiting a violence-hit village in Moradabad where
restrictions are in force.
Both the leaders were arrested at Garhmukteshwar last
night when they were proceeding towards Asatalpur village
where an irate mob indulged in arson and brick-batting,
injuring a Deputy Inspector General on July 6.
The mob was protesting alleged police misbehaviour
with some women in the village.
The two leaders were released after half-an-hour and
asked to return to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'