Amar Singh, Jaya Prada detained in UP
Ghaziabad: Rashtriya Lok Manch President
Amar Singh and MP Jaya Prada were detained and prevented from
visiting a violence-hit village in Moradabad where
restrictions are in force.
Both the leaders were arrested at Garhmukteshwar last
night when they were proceeding towards Asatalpur village
where an irate mob indulged in arson and brick-batting,
injuring a Deputy Inspector General on July 6.
The mob was protesting alleged police misbehaviour
with some women in the village.
The two leaders were released after half-an-hour and
asked to return to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video