Amar Singh refuses to comment on Mulayam`s statement on Kalyan
New Delhi: SP leader Amar Singh on Saturday
refused to comment on party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s
statement that Kalyan Singh was never in the party and would
never be taken into its fold.
"I will not comment on Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement
(on Kalyan Singh). I am not authorised to comment on this
matter. Mulayam Singh has made his views clear on the matter.
I did not bring Kalyan Singh to SP. If some people say so,
then it is mere conjecturing on their part. I cannot take
decisions on his behalf. Kalyan Singh is a big and mature
leader capable of taking his own decisions. He is an
Independent MP and is not connected to SP," Singh told
The SP general secretary added that though on a
personal level he has good relations with many leaders of
parties with which SP has ideological differences, "these are
my personal relations and have nothing to do with politics".
Earlier in the day, Yadav while replying to a question
on Kalyan Singh in Lucknow had said, "I have said this in the
past and would repeat it again that Kalyan Singh was never in
the SP, nor he will be taken in the party fold in the future."
When asked about his friendship with the former BJP
leader, Yadav had said that Congress was also SP`s friend,
whose government the party had saved in the past.
"We have no foes in politics, we only have ideological
differences," he said.
On Kalyan sharing the dais with him during the SP`s
Agra convention, the party supremo had said that he cannot
stop anyone if he comes willingly.
"I admit that invitation was sent to Kalyan, but it
was probably due to a mistake," he said.
`UP by-polls outcome exposed claims of Cong revival`
Samajwadi Party leader Amar
Singh today said that the Congress victory in just one of the
11 assembly seats in Uttar Pradesh by-polls has proved hollow
claims of that party`s revival in the state.
"Indira Gandhi had lost to Raj Narain and even Atal
Bihari Vajpayee had lost to a young Madhavrao Scindia in the
past, but they bounced back in mainstream politics despite all
this. Victory and loss in politics is meaningless (referring
to SP losing Firozabad Lok Sabha seat to Congress). After
assembly by-polls in Uttar Pradesh, it has become clear that
Congress is not experiencing any revival there," Singh told
He added that though the BSP swept the by-polls,
winning nine of the 11 assembly seats, SP had finished second
in most of them. It, however, failed to win any seat as the
Congress and an Independent won the remaining two seats.
"Congress has two MPs from Jhansi and Kushinagar, who
are ministers at the Centre. But their nominees could not win
in Jhansi and Padrauna assembly by-polls and finished way
behind our nominees. After this Congress cannot claim that it
will become the main opposition party in UP. Where is the
revival of Congress now?" Singh asked.
After getting 21 seats in UP in the Lok Sabha polls in
May this year, Congress has been claiming a revival in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared