Amar Singh to undertake `padayatra` for UP trifurcation
he would undertake a `padayatra` from Allahabad to Gorakhpur from December 1 to 31 to press the demand for trifurcation of Uttar Pradesh.
"My future in politics is related to the future of Uttar Pradesh. I am working hard for UP`s future and right now campaigning for its trifurcation into Bundelkhand, Poorvanchal
and Paschimanchal," he said responding to queries by reporters at a meet-the-press programme here.
Singh is here to promote the Malayalam film `Bombay Mittayi` in which he had acted along with Dimple Kapadia. He was accompanied by Dimple Kapadia and Jayaprada MP for the preview show of the film and the press meet.
Stating that progress and development had come wherever big states were divided into smaller ones, Singh said it was only pragmatic and practical to rule small states. "This
should not be deemed as fragmentation of the country."
He said anybody supporting the cause of small states including leaders from Telangana, Vidarbha and Gorkhaland were welcome to join the struggle. Rashtriya Lok Dal leader Ajit Singh who had been rooting for `Harit Pradesh` was also invited to support the movement.
He said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati had also sent a letter to the Centre seeking the state`s trifurcation.
To questions whether he expected a recall to the parent party or would move closer to the Congress, Singh said he was not expecting a call from anyone. "I don`t believe in looking
behind though I don`t regret my past. Even if someone calls, I will be a different person," he said.
Singh said his future would be dependent on the work he was currently doing, which would be the edifice for the future of Uttar Pradesh. "I have decided to go on a 450 km-long padayatra without taking heed to doctor`s advice. I want to be mingling with people at the grass root level, the deprived sections," he said.
Singh, who as Samajwadi Party general secretary played a crucial role in bailing out the previous UPA government when the Left parties withdrew their support on the nuclear issue, said he did that only in national interest and not for reciprocity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'