Amar Singh`s entry upsets local calculations
Agra: The entry of Amar Singh and Jayaprada in the Choudhary Ajit Singh-led Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) has not only surprised political pundits but has upset calculations and poll strategies of major parties in the fray here for the Lok Sabha polls.
Amar Singh is most likely to be fielded from Fatehpur Sikri general seat while Jayaprada may get Bijnaur.
For the Fatehpur Sikri seat, the Samajwadi Party has fielded Pakshlika Singh, the wife of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Aridaman Singh, the Bahujan Samaj Party Seema Upadhyaya, wife of BSP leader Ramvir Upadhyaya, said to be close to BSP supremo Mayawati.
Upadhyaya is the sitting MP from Fatehpur Sikri . She defeated Raj Babbar of the Congress. Babbar, however, defeated Dimple Yadav, the wife of UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, from Firozabad in a by-election.
The Bhartiya Janata Party is still to make up its mind, though names doing round are of Gen VK Singh, former Indian Army chief, actor Sunny Deol, Babu Lal Choudhary, Keshav Dixit. With the entry of Amar Singh, the party will need to field a heavyweight, say party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August