Amar Singh`s entry upsets local calculations
Agra: The entry of Amar Singh and Jayaprada in the Choudhary Ajit Singh-led Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) has not only surprised political pundits but has upset calculations and poll strategies of major parties in the fray here for the Lok Sabha polls.
Amar Singh is most likely to be fielded from Fatehpur Sikri general seat while Jayaprada may get Bijnaur.
For the Fatehpur Sikri seat, the Samajwadi Party has fielded Pakshlika Singh, the wife of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Aridaman Singh, the Bahujan Samaj Party Seema Upadhyaya, wife of BSP leader Ramvir Upadhyaya, said to be close to BSP supremo Mayawati.
Upadhyaya is the sitting MP from Fatehpur Sikri . She defeated Raj Babbar of the Congress. Babbar, however, defeated Dimple Yadav, the wife of UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, from Firozabad in a by-election.
The Bhartiya Janata Party is still to make up its mind, though names doing round are of Gen VK Singh, former Indian Army chief, actor Sunny Deol, Babu Lal Choudhary, Keshav Dixit. With the entry of Amar Singh, the party will need to field a heavyweight, say party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!