Amar Singh`s political career is over: Azam Khan
Rampur: Launching an attack on his bete noire and former party colleague Amar Singh, Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Saturday claimed Singh`s political career was over as those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate.
"Unka (Amar`s) Kissa Khatam Ho Chuka Hai (his story is finished)," Azam said in response to a question about Singh`s appreciation of BSP chief Mayawati during debate on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
"Those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate as he (Amar) has met," Azam told reporters here.
Azam Khan, who commands a considerable clout in western Uttar Pradesh, was locked in a bitter battle with Singh after actor Jayaprada was nominated from his bastion Rampur in 2004.
Jayaprada was considered close to Amar Singh and went on to win the seat, leading to which rift between the two leaders came out in open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened