Amar Singh`s political career is over: Azam Khan
Rampur: Launching an attack on his bete noire and former party colleague Amar Singh, Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Saturday claimed Singh`s political career was over as those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate.
"Unka (Amar`s) Kissa Khatam Ho Chuka Hai (his story is finished)," Azam said in response to a question about Singh`s appreciation of BSP chief Mayawati during debate on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
"Those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate as he (Amar) has met," Azam told reporters here.
Azam Khan, who commands a considerable clout in western Uttar Pradesh, was locked in a bitter battle with Singh after actor Jayaprada was nominated from his bastion Rampur in 2004.
Jayaprada was considered close to Amar Singh and went on to win the seat, leading to which rift between the two leaders came out in open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!