Amar Singh`s political career is over: Azam Khan
Rampur: Launching an attack on his bete noire and former party colleague Amar Singh, Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan on Saturday claimed Singh`s political career was over as those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate.
"Unka (Amar`s) Kissa Khatam Ho Chuka Hai (his story is finished)," Azam said in response to a question about Singh`s appreciation of BSP chief Mayawati during debate on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
"Those who enter political arena riding on horses of wealth ultimately meet the same fate as he (Amar) has met," Azam told reporters here.
Azam Khan, who commands a considerable clout in western Uttar Pradesh, was locked in a bitter battle with Singh after actor Jayaprada was nominated from his bastion Rampur in 2004.
Jayaprada was considered close to Amar Singh and went on to win the seat, leading to which rift between the two leaders came out in open.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India