Ambedkar statue desecrated in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A statue of Dr BR Ambedkar was found desecrated in a village here leading to tension in the area on Saturday morning, police said.
Some unidentified persons damaged the statue of Ambedkar last night in Yusufpur village under Bhopa police station, they said.
No one has been yet arrested in the matter, police said.
Members of Dalit community gheraoed the visiting Sub-divisional Magistrate and demanded action against people responsible for the desecration of the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves