Ambedkar statue desecrated in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A statue of Dr BR Ambedkar was found desecrated in a village here leading to tension in the area on Saturday morning, police said.
Some unidentified persons damaged the statue of Ambedkar last night in Yusufpur village under Bhopa police station, they said.
No one has been yet arrested in the matter, police said.
Members of Dalit community gheraoed the visiting Sub-divisional Magistrate and demanded action against people responsible for the desecration of the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested