Ambedkar statue desecrated in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A statue of Dr BR Ambedkar was found desecrated in a village here leading to tension in the area on Saturday morning, police said.
Some unidentified persons damaged the statue of Ambedkar last night in Yusufpur village under Bhopa police station, they said.
No one has been yet arrested in the matter, police said.
Members of Dalit community gheraoed the visiting Sub-divisional Magistrate and demanded action against people responsible for the desecration of the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen