Ambedkar statue desecrated in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A statue of Dr BR Ambedkar was found desecrated in a village here leading to tension in the area on Saturday morning, police said.
Some unidentified persons damaged the statue of Ambedkar last night in Yusufpur village under Bhopa police station, they said.
No one has been yet arrested in the matter, police said.
Members of Dalit community gheraoed the visiting Sub-divisional Magistrate and demanded action against people responsible for the desecration of the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video