Ambedkar`s statue vandalised in UP village
Bhadohi: A statue of B R Ambedkar was
vandalised by unidentified persons in Gwali village of Survaiya area here, leading to tension in the area, police said Thursday.
The incident came to light when district panchyat member
Shakuntala Devi reached the spot this morning with other
villagers to celebrate Ambedkar`s 120th birth anniversary.
They found the head of the statue to be missing.
Agitated with the incident, the villagers blocked traffic
after which police was deployed in strength in the village and
a new statue was installed.
An FIR has been registered against four persons and of
them three are unidentified, Superintendent of Police
Gyaneshwar Tiwari said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda