Ambedkar`s statue vandalised in UP village
Bhadohi: A statue of B R Ambedkar was
vandalised by unidentified persons in Gwali village of Survaiya area here, leading to tension in the area, police said Thursday.
The incident came to light when district panchyat member
Shakuntala Devi reached the spot this morning with other
villagers to celebrate Ambedkar`s 120th birth anniversary.
They found the head of the statue to be missing.
Agitated with the incident, the villagers blocked traffic
after which police was deployed in strength in the village and
a new statue was installed.
An FIR has been registered against four persons and of
them three are unidentified, Superintendent of Police
Gyaneshwar Tiwari said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender