Ambulance driver killed in mishap in Sitapur
Sitapur (UP): An ambulance driver was charred to death when his vehicle caught fire after ramming into a tree on Bisva-Sitapur road while another person travelling with him was seriously injured, police said on Monday.
30-year-old Giriraj Chaurasia was on his way back to the district hospital after dropping a patient when his vehicle rammed into a tree, Station Officer, Khairabad, Jagdish Yadav said, adding the driver was apparently drowsy.
While the driver died on the spot, another person travelling with him was rescued after breaking the windshield of the ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement