Ambulance driver killed in mishap in Sitapur
Sitapur (UP): An ambulance driver was charred to death when his vehicle caught fire after ramming into a tree on Bisva-Sitapur road while another person travelling with him was seriously injured, police said on Monday.
30-year-old Giriraj Chaurasia was on his way back to the district hospital after dropping a patient when his vehicle rammed into a tree, Station Officer, Khairabad, Jagdish Yadav said, adding the driver was apparently drowsy.
While the driver died on the spot, another person travelling with him was rescued after breaking the windshield of the ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?