Ambulance driver killed in mishap in Sitapur
Sitapur (UP): An ambulance driver was charred to death when his vehicle caught fire after ramming into a tree on Bisva-Sitapur road while another person travelling with him was seriously injured, police said on Monday.
30-year-old Giriraj Chaurasia was on his way back to the district hospital after dropping a patient when his vehicle rammed into a tree, Station Officer, Khairabad, Jagdish Yadav said, adding the driver was apparently drowsy.
While the driver died on the spot, another person travelling with him was rescued after breaking the windshield of the ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?