Ambulance driver killed in mishap in Sitapur
Sitapur (UP): An ambulance driver was charred to death when his vehicle caught fire after ramming into a tree on Bisva-Sitapur road while another person travelling with him was seriously injured, police said on Monday.
30-year-old Giriraj Chaurasia was on his way back to the district hospital after dropping a patient when his vehicle rammed into a tree, Station Officer, Khairabad, Jagdish Yadav said, adding the driver was apparently drowsy.
While the driver died on the spot, another person travelling with him was rescued after breaking the windshield of the ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?