Amethi administration snatched the tricolour during yatra: AAP
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party on Monday alleged that local officials "snatched" the tricolour during its `Jhadu chalao-beiman bhagao yatra` in a village here, which was denied by the administration.
"The local administration, including the Sub-divisional Magistrate (SDM) and Circle Officer (CO), of Amethi had snatched the tricolour at Thengha village during the `jhadu chalao-beiman bhagao yatra` under taken by AAP leader Kumar Vishwas," Pankaj Shukla, an AAP activist who is managing the yatra told.
The SDM R D Ram refuted the allegation and said they had received complaints about the way the national flag was being used disrespect way, "so we have asked them not to use the flag in such a way."
"We have also asked Vishwas and his supporters to seek permission from the administration before using any vehicle in the yatra as Section 144 was already enforced here since February 15 last for next 40 days due to festivals and implementation of model code of conduct," Ram told.
Ram also said that tomorrow AAP representatives have been asked to attend a meeting by the District Magistrate, where they would be briefed on what they can do and what they can not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics