Amethi administration snatched the tricolour during yatra: AAP
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party on Monday alleged that local officials "snatched" the tricolour during its `Jhadu chalao-beiman bhagao yatra` in a village here, which was denied by the administration.
"The local administration, including the Sub-divisional Magistrate (SDM) and Circle Officer (CO), of Amethi had snatched the tricolour at Thengha village during the `jhadu chalao-beiman bhagao yatra` under taken by AAP leader Kumar Vishwas," Pankaj Shukla, an AAP activist who is managing the yatra told.
The SDM R D Ram refuted the allegation and said they had received complaints about the way the national flag was being used disrespect way, "so we have asked them not to use the flag in such a way."
"We have also asked Vishwas and his supporters to seek permission from the administration before using any vehicle in the yatra as Section 144 was already enforced here since February 15 last for next 40 days due to festivals and implementation of model code of conduct," Ram told.
Ram also said that tomorrow AAP representatives have been asked to attend a meeting by the District Magistrate, where they would be briefed on what they can do and what they can not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!