Amethi visit cancelled due to pol pressure: Sri Sri
Chandauli: Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi
Shankar on Tuesday said he could not visit Amethi during his
ongoing anti-corruption yatra in Uttar Pradesh as the Ashram
which had extended him invitation was pressurised not to call
"I was invited by Sri Hari Ashram to visit Amethi during
my yatra but I had to change it (the plan) because my people
there were facing undue pressure from political parties and
they requested me not to come," he said.
Amethi is the Lok Sabha constituency of Congress MP Rahul
On reaching Shri Mahua Baba Sewa Ashram in Jamsoti
village in naxal-infested Naugarh block of the district, the
spiritual guru addressed a gathering, mostly comprising
tribals, on the art of living.
Advocating a strong Lokpal Bill, he said his yatra was
not to oppose or support any political party.
On the naxal issue, Ravi Shankar said youths, who had
been misled and were involved in such activities, should join
"All the children of this region must get education and
no one should be deprived from going to schools. I will
provide free of cost education to everyone in this region," he
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance
- Russia, US in bids to halt fighting in Syria's Aleppo
- Without dissent, parliamentary system is dysfunctional: Pranab Mukherjee
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...