Amit Shah inaugurates PM Narendra Modi`s Parliamentary office in Varanasi
Zee Media Bureau
Varanasi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah on Wednesday inaugurated Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s Parliamentary office in the temple town.
Parliamentary office of the Prime Minister, who is also a Member of Parliament from this temple town was opened in `Ram-Bhavan` in Ravindrapuri area of the city.
Addressing the BJP supporters, Shah said the office will work as a bridge between Varanasi and the prime minister.
The BJP president assured the people that PM Modi is serious about the development of the holy city and has already held a meeting with various officials.
The Modi government has finalised an "exhaustive makeover blueprint" for the city, its spiritual and religious appeal long marred by the polluted Ganga, crumbling heritage, congested traffic and the all-pervasive filth.
Officials privy to the makeover plans told IANS that Modi recently took detailed presentations from different ministries on their proposals for Varanasi -- and approved some. The prime minister made it clear that whatever is promised should be finished within the given deadline, said a source present at the meeting.
To begin with, a statutory Master Plan is being worked upon.
A string of development and beautification schemes has been unleashed in Varanasi since Modi won a thumping election victory in May.
Six of the ghats have been handed over to NGO Sulabh International to ensure cleanliness and for maintenance, officials said.
Round-the-clock work is on at the Varanasi Cantonment railway station as part of New Delhi`s mission to upgrade 24 railway stations across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?