Amitabh Bachchan doesn’t want wife Jaya to contest Lok Sabha polls
Bhadoi: Actor and Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan has said that she would never contest Lok Sabha elections as her husband megastar Amitabh Bachchan does not want her to do so.
Asked whether she plans to contest 2014 Lok Sabha election from Bhadoi, which she has announced to develop as a model district, Jaya told reporters last evening that she would not contest election from anywhere because her husband Amitabh does not wish her to do so.
She said that if such a situation arises then he would ask her to sit at home.
On being asked about Amar Singh`s re-entry into the SP, she said that it was a closed chapter, a star which has vanished.
The Rajya Sabha MP said that those who were saying that FDI came due to SP and BSP should understand that while BSP supported, SP walked out in protest.
Thus saying that SP and BSP were the same was wrong, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days