Amitabh Bachchan doesn’t want wife Jaya to contest Lok Sabha polls
Bhadoi: Actor and Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan has said that she would never contest Lok Sabha elections as her husband megastar Amitabh Bachchan does not want her to do so.
Asked whether she plans to contest 2014 Lok Sabha election from Bhadoi, which she has announced to develop as a model district, Jaya told reporters last evening that she would not contest election from anywhere because her husband Amitabh does not wish her to do so.
She said that if such a situation arises then he would ask her to sit at home.
On being asked about Amar Singh`s re-entry into the SP, she said that it was a closed chapter, a star which has vanished.
The Rajya Sabha MP said that those who were saying that FDI came due to SP and BSP should understand that while BSP supported, SP walked out in protest.
Thus saying that SP and BSP were the same was wrong, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018