AMU cracks whip on employees who submitted forged documents
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University has
terminated temporary services of 27 non-teaching employees and
suspended 39 permanent staff members including two teachers on
charges of submitting forged documents about their educational
The action was taken in compliance with the Allahabad
High Court order issued on July 5.
According to a senior University official, the
University has with immediate effect stopped the pension
benefits of another 25 employees including four retired
members of the teaching staff who face the same charges.
The official said that action against these employees
was taken on the basis of the report of a three-member enquiry
committee set up by the Vice Chancellor for this purpose.
The enquiry committee, which included three senior
members of AMU teaching staff, had submitted its report on
Earlier the Allahabad High Court had directed the AMU
Vice Chancellor to "take appropriate action in this matter and
present all the relevant documents before the court on July
The court had warned the University authorities that
"if the University did not submit the relevant documents
on the due date then the Vice Chancellor will have to
personally present himself before the Court on the next
date with all the relevant records".
The court`s judgement follows a petition by a
suspended University employee who had alleged "re-engagement
and continuance of persons who had submitted forged documents
for obtaining appointment in the University and whose
appointment was terminated earlier for the same reason".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city