AMU orders fresh entrance exam for PG in Faculty of Medicine
Aligarh: Entrance examination for PG in
Faculty of Medicine at Aligarh Muslim University will be
conducted once again in the wake of allegations of
irregularities in the earlier test held on January 24.
Vice-Chancellor Prof P K Abdul Azis has ordered a
re-test, the date of which will be announced shortly, a
spokesman of the university said.
The decision was taken following widespread protest by
junior doctors at the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College who
alleged "widespread irregularities" in the examination.
A three-member enquiry committee was then set up by the
university which recommended a re-test, the spokesman said.
Union Minister of Health Ghulam Nabi Azad, who happened
to be here on the day of the protest, had also assured that he
would take up the matter and ensure "speedy justice".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah