AMU student`s murder: Three youths get life term
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court
sentenced to life imprisonment three students for murdering
fellow student Kaushar Salik Majhar in the Aligarh Muslim
University campus in 2007.
Special CBI court judge Justice Shyam Lal today awarded
the life sentence to Zafar Masood, Mohmmad Asif and Rahis
Quareshi for the murder of the B-Tech student on April 25,
The court had pronounced all three accused as guilty
after the hearing yesterday and had reserved the quantum of
sentence for today.
The murder was investigated by the CBI after the case was
transferred to the agency by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister