AMU students` union election results declared
Aligarh: Syed Sharique Ahmad, a BA (final year) student, has been elected president of the Aligarh Muslim University Students Union (AMUSU), an official said on Sunday.
Abdul Quadir Jilani, MA (first year) was declared vice president and Hamad Nabi (Master of Social Work, first year) honorary secretary of the students` union.
The result of the Students` Union elections, held Saturday, were declared by the chief election officer, Prof Mahmood S Khan.
AMUSU was established in 1884 as a debating club on the pattern of Oxford and Cambridge Universities and this students` body has produced great freedom fighters, leaders and statesmen like Dr Zakir Husain, the Ali Brothers, Hasrat Mohani, and Sheikh Abdullah.
AMU Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis congratulated the victorious and contesting candidates and students at large for displaying restraint and bringing into successful culmination the entire process of Students` Union election in a peaceful manner.
The election of the AMU Students` Union was held as per the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee headed by former chief election commissioner JM Lyngdoh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani