AMU students` union election results declared
Aligarh: Syed Sharique Ahmad, a BA (final year) student, has been elected president of the Aligarh Muslim University Students Union (AMUSU), an official said on Sunday.
Abdul Quadir Jilani, MA (first year) was declared vice president and Hamad Nabi (Master of Social Work, first year) honorary secretary of the students` union.
The result of the Students` Union elections, held Saturday, were declared by the chief election officer, Prof Mahmood S Khan.
AMUSU was established in 1884 as a debating club on the pattern of Oxford and Cambridge Universities and this students` body has produced great freedom fighters, leaders and statesmen like Dr Zakir Husain, the Ali Brothers, Hasrat Mohani, and Sheikh Abdullah.
AMU Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis congratulated the victorious and contesting candidates and students at large for displaying restraint and bringing into successful culmination the entire process of Students` Union election in a peaceful manner.
The election of the AMU Students` Union was held as per the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee headed by former chief election commissioner JM Lyngdoh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price