AMU students` union election results declared
Aligarh: Syed Sharique Ahmad, a BA (final year) student, has been elected president of the Aligarh Muslim University Students Union (AMUSU), an official said on Sunday.
Abdul Quadir Jilani, MA (first year) was declared vice president and Hamad Nabi (Master of Social Work, first year) honorary secretary of the students` union.
The result of the Students` Union elections, held Saturday, were declared by the chief election officer, Prof Mahmood S Khan.
AMUSU was established in 1884 as a debating club on the pattern of Oxford and Cambridge Universities and this students` body has produced great freedom fighters, leaders and statesmen like Dr Zakir Husain, the Ali Brothers, Hasrat Mohani, and Sheikh Abdullah.
AMU Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis congratulated the victorious and contesting candidates and students at large for displaying restraint and bringing into successful culmination the entire process of Students` Union election in a peaceful manner.
The election of the AMU Students` Union was held as per the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee headed by former chief election commissioner JM Lyngdoh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video