AMU students` union election results declared
Aligarh: Syed Sharique Ahmad, a BA (final year) student, has been elected president of the Aligarh Muslim University Students Union (AMUSU), an official said on Sunday.
Abdul Quadir Jilani, MA (first year) was declared vice president and Hamad Nabi (Master of Social Work, first year) honorary secretary of the students` union.
The result of the Students` Union elections, held Saturday, were declared by the chief election officer, Prof Mahmood S Khan.
AMUSU was established in 1884 as a debating club on the pattern of Oxford and Cambridge Universities and this students` body has produced great freedom fighters, leaders and statesmen like Dr Zakir Husain, the Ali Brothers, Hasrat Mohani, and Sheikh Abdullah.
AMU Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis congratulated the victorious and contesting candidates and students at large for displaying restraint and bringing into successful culmination the entire process of Students` Union election in a peaceful manner.
The election of the AMU Students` Union was held as per the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee headed by former chief election commissioner JM Lyngdoh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH