AMU suspends professor on grounds of misdemeanour
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has suspended a professor of the Department of Statistics and Operation Research, for violation of rules and wilful disobedience, according to an official order.
The order issued by the University`s registrar mentions that Hasan Mateenul Islam has been suspended on the basis of reports of two fact-finding inquiry committees, which found him guilty of several acts of misdemeanour, violation of rules and wilful disobedience.
It says the first preliminary inquiry pertains to issues related to initial appointment of Prof Islam conducted by Professor Ali Athar, Chairman Department of History.
The second enquiry relates to acts of misdemeanour and violation of rules conducted by a two-member inquiry committee.
Secretary of the AMU Staff Association, Aftab Alam has however alleged that Prof Islam has been victimised.
He has criticised Islam`s suspension and expressed reservations on the reasons behind it.
A spokesman of the university, however, strongly denied the allegation of victimisation.
The spokesman said records pertaining to the above enquiry provide ample proof regarding the circumstances and the veracity of the charges against the suspended professor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India