AMU suspends professor on grounds of misdemeanour
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has suspended a professor of the Department of Statistics and Operation Research, for violation of rules and wilful disobedience, according to an official order.
The order issued by the University`s registrar mentions that Hasan Mateenul Islam has been suspended on the basis of reports of two fact-finding inquiry committees, which found him guilty of several acts of misdemeanour, violation of rules and wilful disobedience.
It says the first preliminary inquiry pertains to issues related to initial appointment of Prof Islam conducted by Professor Ali Athar, Chairman Department of History.
The second enquiry relates to acts of misdemeanour and violation of rules conducted by a two-member inquiry committee.
Secretary of the AMU Staff Association, Aftab Alam has however alleged that Prof Islam has been victimised.
He has criticised Islam`s suspension and expressed reservations on the reasons behind it.
A spokesman of the university, however, strongly denied the allegation of victimisation.
The spokesman said records pertaining to the above enquiry provide ample proof regarding the circumstances and the veracity of the charges against the suspended professor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi