AMU suspends professor on grounds of misdemeanour
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has suspended a professor of the Department of Statistics and Operation Research, for violation of rules and wilful disobedience, according to an official order.
The order issued by the University`s registrar mentions that Hasan Mateenul Islam has been suspended on the basis of reports of two fact-finding inquiry committees, which found him guilty of several acts of misdemeanour, violation of rules and wilful disobedience.
It says the first preliminary inquiry pertains to issues related to initial appointment of Prof Islam conducted by Professor Ali Athar, Chairman Department of History.
The second enquiry relates to acts of misdemeanour and violation of rules conducted by a two-member inquiry committee.
Secretary of the AMU Staff Association, Aftab Alam has however alleged that Prof Islam has been victimised.
He has criticised Islam`s suspension and expressed reservations on the reasons behind it.
A spokesman of the university, however, strongly denied the allegation of victimisation.
The spokesman said records pertaining to the above enquiry provide ample proof regarding the circumstances and the veracity of the charges against the suspended professor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in