AMU suspends three students for eve-teasing
Aligarh: Three students of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have been suspended for their alleged involvement in an eve-teasing incident on campus.
Shadab Alam, Arpit Maheshwari and Shahnawaz Khan were suspended for the incident that took place at the faculty of law on Monday, and are barred from entering the campus, an official said here today.
The students allegedly tried to intimidate senior university officials, including the dean of faculty of law, upon being reprimanded and fired shots from a country made pistol when the proctorial staff arrived on the scene, the official said.
The trio, who were reportedly accompanied by some former students and outsiders, managed to escape when the police arrived.
A case has been filed against ten persons in this connection, Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said.
The matter is under investigation and the identities of the remaining persons involved in the incident are being ascertained, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP