AMU suspends three students for eve-teasing
Aligarh: Three students of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have been suspended for their alleged involvement in an eve-teasing incident on campus.
Shadab Alam, Arpit Maheshwari and Shahnawaz Khan were suspended for the incident that took place at the faculty of law on Monday, and are barred from entering the campus, an official said here today.
The students allegedly tried to intimidate senior university officials, including the dean of faculty of law, upon being reprimanded and fired shots from a country made pistol when the proctorial staff arrived on the scene, the official said.
The trio, who were reportedly accompanied by some former students and outsiders, managed to escape when the police arrived.
A case has been filed against ten persons in this connection, Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia said.
The matter is under investigation and the identities of the remaining persons involved in the incident are being ascertained, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional