AMU teachers accuse VC of `neglecting` reservation issue
Aligarh: Teachers at Aligarh Muslim
University have accused the Vice Chancellor of deliberately
"neglecting" the ongoing court case pertaining to the
University`s appeal for restoring "reservation" to Muslims in
The AMU Teacher`s Association today passed a
resolution describing as "failure" university administration
inability to ensure presence of its legal counsel on two
consecutive dates for hearing in the Supreme Court in this
The resolution passed said the "callous" attitude of
senior university officials on this sensitive issue would have
a "negative" impact on the university`s and Central
government`s ongoing attempts for preserving the university`s
minority character. AMU teachers have demanded immediate
removal of University`s standing counsel in the Supreme Court.
When contacted, a spokesman for the university said
Arifuddin, Deputy Registrar (Legal), of the University has
been suspended for negligence on this matter.
AMU Teacher`s Association general secretary Jamshed
Siddiqui, however, described the Deputy Registrar`s suspension
as a "white wash".
He said Deputy Registrar has been made a "scapegoat".
Meanwhile, the university has decided to drop Hyderabad
as a centre for its admission tests this year, according to an
The decision has been taken in view of the ongoing
Telangana agitation in that city which is causing security
concerns to the University.
According to the Controller for Admission and
Examinations, Perves Mustajab, all applicants who had opted
for Hyderabad as their test centre will now be allotted their
second choice for the test centre.
Those who have not mentioned a second choice are being
contacted through phone
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'