AMU Teachers` Association demands UP CM resignation
Aligarh (UP): Executive committee of AMU Teachers` Association (AMUTA) has passed a resolution, demanding resignation of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for making a mockery of the justice system.
The President of the AMUTA, Abdul Qaiyyum, and Secretary S Mustafa Zaidi told newspersons that recent murder of a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Kunda in Pratapgarh has shocked the entire state.
"If senior police officials are being targeted, then the fate of common citizen can well be imagined", the resolution said adding, "Akhilesh should owe moral responsibility of sorry state of affairs and resign."
It said that instead of arresting the main accused, former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias "Raja Bhaiya", the entire episode is being viewed from a communal and casteist angle.
The fact that 13 communal riots have taken place ever since the Akhilesh Yadav government came to power is a pointer that the government has totally abdicated its responsibility for maintaining law and order in the state, it said.
Qaiyyum said that deafening silence of the Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on this critical issue is suggestive of the fact that the party government is protecting the main accused from being arrested.
If incriminating evidence is destroyed and if witnesses are threatened, then there is little hope that justice will be meted out in this case, he said.
He said that there were also some alarming reports of suggesting that attempts were being made to intimidate even the CBI officials who are probing into this matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh