AMU Teachers` Association demands UP CM resignation
Aligarh (UP): Executive committee of AMU Teachers` Association (AMUTA) has passed a resolution, demanding resignation of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for making a mockery of the justice system.
The President of the AMUTA, Abdul Qaiyyum, and Secretary S Mustafa Zaidi told newspersons that recent murder of a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Kunda in Pratapgarh has shocked the entire state.
"If senior police officials are being targeted, then the fate of common citizen can well be imagined", the resolution said adding, "Akhilesh should owe moral responsibility of sorry state of affairs and resign."
It said that instead of arresting the main accused, former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias "Raja Bhaiya", the entire episode is being viewed from a communal and casteist angle.
The fact that 13 communal riots have taken place ever since the Akhilesh Yadav government came to power is a pointer that the government has totally abdicated its responsibility for maintaining law and order in the state, it said.
Qaiyyum said that deafening silence of the Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on this critical issue is suggestive of the fact that the party government is protecting the main accused from being arrested.
If incriminating evidence is destroyed and if witnesses are threatened, then there is little hope that justice will be meted out in this case, he said.
He said that there were also some alarming reports of suggesting that attempts were being made to intimidate even the CBI officials who are probing into this matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?