AMU Teachers` Association demands UP CM resignation
Aligarh (UP): Executive committee of AMU Teachers` Association (AMUTA) has passed a resolution, demanding resignation of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for making a mockery of the justice system.
The President of the AMUTA, Abdul Qaiyyum, and Secretary S Mustafa Zaidi told newspersons that recent murder of a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Kunda in Pratapgarh has shocked the entire state.
"If senior police officials are being targeted, then the fate of common citizen can well be imagined", the resolution said adding, "Akhilesh should owe moral responsibility of sorry state of affairs and resign."
It said that instead of arresting the main accused, former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias "Raja Bhaiya", the entire episode is being viewed from a communal and casteist angle.
The fact that 13 communal riots have taken place ever since the Akhilesh Yadav government came to power is a pointer that the government has totally abdicated its responsibility for maintaining law and order in the state, it said.
Qaiyyum said that deafening silence of the Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on this critical issue is suggestive of the fact that the party government is protecting the main accused from being arrested.
If incriminating evidence is destroyed and if witnesses are threatened, then there is little hope that justice will be meted out in this case, he said.
He said that there were also some alarming reports of suggesting that attempts were being made to intimidate even the CBI officials who are probing into this matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`