AMU to reopen on May 13 instead of May 16
Aligarh: Under pressure from different
quarters, the Aligarh Muslim University authorities on Tuesday
decided to prepone the reopening of the varsity by three days.
The university will now reopen in a phased manner from
May 13 instead of May 16, an AMU release said.
Hostel facilities will now be available to all final
year students of different faculties from May 13. The annual
examinations will commence from May 18, it added.
In another major decision, the university authorities
have also conceded the demand for providing accommodation to
all internal students appearing in the engineering entrance
test scheduled for May 14.
Halls of residence for pre-final and semester II
students will be available from May 21.
The university had been closed indefinitely on April
30 last following a clash between two groups of students.
The AMU Teachers’ Association and the AMU Students’
Union had described the closure as an "over reaction" and had
demanded that the university should reopen at the earliest in
the overall interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing