AMU to reopen on May 13 instead of May 16
Aligarh: Under pressure from different
quarters, the Aligarh Muslim University authorities on Tuesday
decided to prepone the reopening of the varsity by three days.
The university will now reopen in a phased manner from
May 13 instead of May 16, an AMU release said.
Hostel facilities will now be available to all final
year students of different faculties from May 13. The annual
examinations will commence from May 18, it added.
In another major decision, the university authorities
have also conceded the demand for providing accommodation to
all internal students appearing in the engineering entrance
test scheduled for May 14.
Halls of residence for pre-final and semester II
students will be available from May 21.
The university had been closed indefinitely on April
30 last following a clash between two groups of students.
The AMU Teachers’ Association and the AMU Students’
Union had described the closure as an "over reaction" and had
demanded that the university should reopen at the earliest in
the overall interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18