AMU to reopen on May 13 instead of May 16
Aligarh: Under pressure from different
quarters, the Aligarh Muslim University authorities on Tuesday
decided to prepone the reopening of the varsity by three days.
The university will now reopen in a phased manner from
May 13 instead of May 16, an AMU release said.
Hostel facilities will now be available to all final
year students of different faculties from May 13. The annual
examinations will commence from May 18, it added.
In another major decision, the university authorities
have also conceded the demand for providing accommodation to
all internal students appearing in the engineering entrance
test scheduled for May 14.
Halls of residence for pre-final and semester II
students will be available from May 21.
The university had been closed indefinitely on April
30 last following a clash between two groups of students.
The AMU Teachers’ Association and the AMU Students’
Union had described the closure as an "over reaction" and had
demanded that the university should reopen at the earliest in
the overall interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries