AMU to reopen on May 13 instead of May 16
Aligarh: Under pressure from different
quarters, the Aligarh Muslim University authorities on Tuesday
decided to prepone the reopening of the varsity by three days.
The university will now reopen in a phased manner from
May 13 instead of May 16, an AMU release said.
Hostel facilities will now be available to all final
year students of different faculties from May 13. The annual
examinations will commence from May 18, it added.
In another major decision, the university authorities
have also conceded the demand for providing accommodation to
all internal students appearing in the engineering entrance
test scheduled for May 14.
Halls of residence for pre-final and semester II
students will be available from May 21.
The university had been closed indefinitely on April
30 last following a clash between two groups of students.
The AMU Teachers’ Association and the AMU Students’
Union had described the closure as an "over reaction" and had
demanded that the university should reopen at the earliest in
the overall interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!