AMU to reopen on May 13 instead of May 16
Aligarh: Under pressure from different
quarters, the Aligarh Muslim University authorities on Tuesday
decided to prepone the reopening of the varsity by three days.
The university will now reopen in a phased manner from
May 13 instead of May 16, an AMU release said.
Hostel facilities will now be available to all final
year students of different faculties from May 13. The annual
examinations will commence from May 18, it added.
In another major decision, the university authorities
have also conceded the demand for providing accommodation to
all internal students appearing in the engineering entrance
test scheduled for May 14.
Halls of residence for pre-final and semester II
students will be available from May 21.
The university had been closed indefinitely on April
30 last following a clash between two groups of students.
The AMU Teachers’ Association and the AMU Students’
Union had described the closure as an "over reaction" and had
demanded that the university should reopen at the earliest in
the overall interest of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever