AMU to set up international relations study centre
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University would set up a new International studies centre offering various courses related to international relations, geo-strategy and key foreign languages, a varsity official said here.
A decision regarding this was taken yesterday at a meeting of the university`s academic council chaired by the Vice Chancellor, Lt Gen (retired) Zameer Uddin Shah, AMU spokesman Rahat Abrar said.
The centre, Faculty of International Studies, will have multiple departments encompassing all spheres related to international relations, Abrar said.
Under the programme reputed national and international institutions would collaborate with the university for providing high value academic input in the field of international studies, he said.
The centre would have a separate department of foreign languages including Chinese, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish, he said.
It would also have separate departments for West Asian, North African, Far Eastern, South African and Asia Pacific Studies.
It would also have a department of strategic and security studies including conventional and unconventional conflicts, he added.
AMU registrar Group Captain (Retired) Shahrukh Shamshad today said in the globalised world every centre of higher learning has a commitment to play a proactive role in influencing larger societal concerns.
He said AMU earlier had a department of West Asian Studies, which was offering programmes in Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies.
The above project would position AMU in playing a broad and meaningful role in promoting vital national interests in the sphere of international relations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened