AMU VC asks teachers to submit details of properties
Aligarh (UP): Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Lt General (retired) Zameeruddin Shah has advised teachers to submit details of their properties by October 15.
Addressing faculty members in an interactive Session, the VC cautioned the teachers that if they did not comply with the order, he would have no option but to forward the names of those who fail to do so to the Vigilance Department of the HRD Ministry.
He said that there had been serious allegations of favouritism and partiality in the appointment of guest faculties in the university in the past.
The VC said that AMU could regain its top position amongst Indian universities only if there was a transparent system of appointments in teaching staff and added that team spirit appears to be missing at AMU and there were constant reports of "allegations and counter-allegations within members of the teaching staff".
The Vice Chancellor advised teachers to devote at least two hours for personal consultations with students.
This practice, he said, would build up a healthy academic environment and improve relationships between teacher and the students.
He assured the teachers that he would set up a mechanism for addressing their grievances on a regular basis.
In a step to achieve a green campus status, the Vice Chancellor urged members of the University community not to indulge in consuming tobacco in any form, including Pan, Gutka and cigarettes.
The Vice Chancellor said that the University was working on a plan to conserve energy at the campus and introduce renewable sources of energy with the help of the Central Government.
The VC also announced that all teaching positions at AMU, which have been lying vacant since the past several years would be filled shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city