AMU VC charged of using pressure tactics
Aligarh: Senior teacher and convener of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Anti Corruption Forum MR Shervani on Thursday charged its Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis of using pressure tactics to break teachers` hunger strike.
Shervani, who is on an indefinite hunger strike from May 16 in support of the Teachers` Association demand for removal of the VC and Proctor, has written to the SSP seeking adequate security for agitating teachers.
On May 17 some unidentified persons tried to intimidate the protesting teachers, he alleged adding that the VC was using pressure tactics to end the teachers` agitation.
Both the Teachers` Association and Students` Union are on hunger strike demanding the removal of the vice chancellor.
Secretary of Teachers` Association M Zaidi said that they fear the VC would not hesitate to use unfair methods to break their agitation.
Meanwhile, the VC has reiterated that the Teachers` Anti-Corruption Forum was an illegal body and was trying to disturb campus peace and derail examinations.
"We will not allow anyone to hold the campus to ransom," the VC said.
The AMU Teachers` Association has dubbed the VC`s move for instituting a judicial inquiry into the last month`s campus violence as an `eyewash` designed to buy time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video