AMU VC denies claims of employees` wards not getting due quota
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University Vice Chancellor Lt Gen (Retd) Zameer Uddin Shah has denied the allegation of AMU Teachers` Association (AMUTA) that children of the university employees were not getting their traditional quota in the nominations for admission.
"I categorically state that more than 50 percent nominations for which I am empowered have been given under the category of children of employees," Shah said in a statement issued here.
The V-C said that despite great pressure on him, those children of employees whose marks in different admission tests were abysmally low were however not being nominated.
A spokesman of the university said that the V-C was empowered to grant nomination of 20 percent in all classes under different categories barring the medical faculty.
This includes children of employees, alumni, outstanding sportsmen and debaters, distant states, SC/ST and backward classes, physically challenged and NCC cadets.
The spokesman further said that the V-C had also to consider the claims of those belonging to all other categories of admission seekers.
Earlier on Sunday, the AMUTA had passed a resolution stating that in the current year children of employees had not been given their due quota in the nominations.
Secretary of the AMUTA Aftab Alam had alleged that this decline in admission to children of employees had upset the teaching community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India