AMU VC denies claims of employees` wards not getting due quota
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University Vice Chancellor Lt Gen (Retd) Zameer Uddin Shah has denied the allegation of AMU Teachers` Association (AMUTA) that children of the university employees were not getting their traditional quota in the nominations for admission.
"I categorically state that more than 50 percent nominations for which I am empowered have been given under the category of children of employees," Shah said in a statement issued here.
The V-C said that despite great pressure on him, those children of employees whose marks in different admission tests were abysmally low were however not being nominated.
A spokesman of the university said that the V-C was empowered to grant nomination of 20 percent in all classes under different categories barring the medical faculty.
This includes children of employees, alumni, outstanding sportsmen and debaters, distant states, SC/ST and backward classes, physically challenged and NCC cadets.
The spokesman further said that the V-C had also to consider the claims of those belonging to all other categories of admission seekers.
Earlier on Sunday, the AMUTA had passed a resolution stating that in the current year children of employees had not been given their due quota in the nominations.
Secretary of the AMUTA Aftab Alam had alleged that this decline in admission to children of employees had upset the teaching community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video