AMU`s Strachey Hall to be converted into museum
Aligarh: Strachey Hall, the Aligarh Muslim University`s first building whose foundation was laid in 1877, will be converted into a museum for preserving university`s cultural heritage.
This was announced here by AMU`s Vice Chancellor Lt Gen (ret) Zameer Uddin Shah at a national workshop organised by the department of museology yesterday.
"AMU has drawn a plan for restoration and protection of all heritage buildings at the university," Shah said.
He said that AMU had submitted a detailed proposal to Agha Khan Foundation for financial assistance in this ambitious project.
The university has also decided to start a light and sound show at the Strachey Hall complex which will provide a panoramic spectacle of the historical milestones connected with the AMU.
Eminent historian and director general of National Archives, Mushirul Hasan, inaugurated the workshop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation