AMU`s Strachey Hall to be converted into museum
Aligarh: Strachey Hall, the Aligarh Muslim University`s first building whose foundation was laid in 1877, will be converted into a museum for preserving university`s cultural heritage.
This was announced here by AMU`s Vice Chancellor Lt Gen (ret) Zameer Uddin Shah at a national workshop organised by the department of museology yesterday.
"AMU has drawn a plan for restoration and protection of all heritage buildings at the university," Shah said.
He said that AMU had submitted a detailed proposal to Agha Khan Foundation for financial assistance in this ambitious project.
The university has also decided to start a light and sound show at the Strachey Hall complex which will provide a panoramic spectacle of the historical milestones connected with the AMU.
Eminent historian and director general of National Archives, Mushirul Hasan, inaugurated the workshop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE