Anger in the country has to be brought down: Rahul Gandhi
Amethi: Citing the example of Punjab where peace was restored after a long period of militancy, Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said there was a "lot of anger" in India which should be brought down and the country should move forward by taking all sections along.
"India is a thought...Youths make it, you make it. We have to include everyone and move forward," the Congress leader said here as he praised paramilitary force CPRF`s efforts to restore peace in restive areas of the country.
He spoke of how a Khalistan supporter, also an MLA, joined political mainstream in Punjab after peace was restored in the once militancy-wrecked state.
Addressing a function on the occasion of foundation laying ceremony of CRPF training centre at Trishundi, the Congress Vice President said that due to peace in the presence of CRPF and "Congress, Akali giving him a place in the political system", the Khalistan supporter`s anger came down and he joined political mainstream.
"There is a lot of anger in the country. It has to be brought down" as was done in Punjab, Gandhi said.
The Congress leader said that CRPF played an important role in bringing normalcy in Punjab.
He regretted that only 30-40 per cent CRPF personnel get housing facility and added that jawans say that they were not afraid of fighting for the country, but of the hardships to their families.
Rahul said that jawans of this force were fighting on two fronts - "terrorists and for their family".
"I want to tell Shindeji that whatever can be done for the families of the jawans, should be done," he said.
Kanchan, wife of CRPF jawan Rajiv Kumar Yadav, and Savitri Devi, wife of Vinod Kumar Yadav, who were killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh in April 2010, were also honoured on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened