Announce minimum support price of sugar cane: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Rashtriya Lok Dal
President Choudhry Ajit Singh today asked the Central
government to announce the minimum support price of the
sugarcane before the start of the crushing season.
"Cane growers have faced many problems as the mills were
getting sugar cane without fixing the rate. So to avoid those
problems again, the government should announce the support
price of the sugar cane before the commencement of the
crushing season, he said here today.
He also opposed the import of sugar and said that to
prevent farmers interest, sugar should not be imported in the
He also criticised the state government for its new land
acquisition policy and said that it is not acceptable to the
farmers. He alleged that government has tried to acquire the
land against the wishes of the farmers.
About pre-poll alliance with Congress, he said that the
dialogue is in preliminary stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him