Announce minimum support price of sugar cane: Ajit
Muzaffarnagar: Rashtriya Lok Dal
President Choudhry Ajit Singh today asked the Central
government to announce the minimum support price of the
sugarcane before the start of the crushing season.
"Cane growers have faced many problems as the mills were
getting sugar cane without fixing the rate. So to avoid those
problems again, the government should announce the support
price of the sugar cane before the commencement of the
crushing season, he said here today.
He also opposed the import of sugar and said that to
prevent farmers interest, sugar should not be imported in the
He also criticised the state government for its new land
acquisition policy and said that it is not acceptable to the
farmers. He alleged that government has tried to acquire the
land against the wishes of the farmers.
About pre-poll alliance with Congress, he said that the
dialogue is in preliminary stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India