Another child succumbs to Encephalitis; toll 588
Gorakhpur: With one more child succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll in the viral disease has mounted to 588 in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year.
The child hailing from Siddharthanagar succumbed to the disease at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, officials said today.
As many as 43 patients suffering from encephalitis are being treated at the hospital.
As many as 3494 patients of Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome had been admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions this year, of which 588 died.
The Principal of BRD Medical College Dr K P Kushwaha said encephalitis cases have dropped due to the cold wave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof