Another child succumbs to Encephalitis; toll 588
Gorakhpur: With one more child succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll in the viral disease has mounted to 588 in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year.
The child hailing from Siddharthanagar succumbed to the disease at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, officials said today.
As many as 43 patients suffering from encephalitis are being treated at the hospital.
As many as 3494 patients of Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome had been admitted to different government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions this year, of which 588 died.
The Principal of BRD Medical College Dr K P Kushwaha said encephalitis cases have dropped due to the cold wave.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed