Another explosion in Allahabad, five kids injured
Allahabad: Five children were injured Thursday when a bomb went off in a village in this Uttar Pradesh district -- the second blast in about a fortnight, police said. All five are out of danger.
The children, residents of Ghoorpur village, were taking their cattle to graze when they spotted a "ball like object" and picked it up. Minutes later there was a deafening explosion in which Mausam Yadav, Sushma Yadav, Jyoti Yadav, Sashi Yadav and Ajay Singh -- all aged between 7 and 12 were injured.
On hearing the explosion, the villagers rushed to the spot, and took the children to a nearby medical facility.
Allahabad`s Senior Superintendent of Police Naveen Arora said forensic teams, bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs were pressed into service at the site. Police have recovered some nails, pellets and rope from the explosion site.
Police said all the injured were undergoing treatment at a city hospital and were out of danger.
This is the second such explosion in Allahabad in the last fortnight. On May 23, a blast rocked the Kairali area, killing five people and injuring six others. Police had then ruled out a terror angle to it, though they have not been able to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out