Another explosion in Allahabad, five kids injured
Allahabad: Five children were injured Thursday when a bomb went off in a village in this Uttar Pradesh district -- the second blast in about a fortnight, police said. All five are out of danger.
The children, residents of Ghoorpur village, were taking their cattle to graze when they spotted a "ball like object" and picked it up. Minutes later there was a deafening explosion in which Mausam Yadav, Sushma Yadav, Jyoti Yadav, Sashi Yadav and Ajay Singh -- all aged between 7 and 12 were injured.
On hearing the explosion, the villagers rushed to the spot, and took the children to a nearby medical facility.
Allahabad`s Senior Superintendent of Police Naveen Arora said forensic teams, bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs were pressed into service at the site. Police have recovered some nails, pellets and rope from the explosion site.
Police said all the injured were undergoing treatment at a city hospital and were out of danger.
This is the second such explosion in Allahabad in the last fortnight. On May 23, a blast rocked the Kairali area, killing five people and injuring six others. Police had then ruled out a terror angle to it, though they have not been able to crack the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!