Another policeman arrested in cartridges racket
Ballia: Another policeman was arrested here on Saturday in connection with the cartridges racket, where arms and ammunition of security forces were being supplied to anti-socials and possibly naxalites.
Superintendent of police VK Shekhar said that Ram Krishna Shukla, constable armourer at the police lines here, was arrested in connection with the racket, being run by the
police and CRPF personnel.
A Rampur police team arrived here to arrest Shukla , the SP said.
On Thursday night four more policemen including constable Sushil Kumar of para-military PAC unit in Gonda, police armourers Rajesh Shahi, posted in Gorakhpur,
and Amar Singh and Jitendra Singh, posted in Faizabad, were arrested by the UP police`s STF in connection with the case.
With these arrests, the total number of those nabbed in the case has gone up to 11.
On April 30, the STF had arrested five security personnel and a retired sub-inspector following a tip-off that a large quantity of cartridges were being allegedly smuggled
out of the CRPF group centre at Rampur through a source in Allahabad to various criminal gangs and possibly Naxals.
Over 5,000 live cartridges, 16 magazines of INSAS rifles, .25 bore guns, SLR and AK-47s were then recovered besides 245 kg of empty shells following raids at various
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion