Another policeman arrested in cartridges racket
Ballia: Another policeman was arrested here on Saturday in connection with the cartridges racket, where arms and ammunition of security forces were being supplied to anti-socials and possibly naxalites.
Superintendent of police VK Shekhar said that Ram Krishna Shukla, constable armourer at the police lines here, was arrested in connection with the racket, being run by the
police and CRPF personnel.
A Rampur police team arrived here to arrest Shukla , the SP said.
On Thursday night four more policemen including constable Sushil Kumar of para-military PAC unit in Gonda, police armourers Rajesh Shahi, posted in Gorakhpur,
and Amar Singh and Jitendra Singh, posted in Faizabad, were arrested by the UP police`s STF in connection with the case.
With these arrests, the total number of those nabbed in the case has gone up to 11.
On April 30, the STF had arrested five security personnel and a retired sub-inspector following a tip-off that a large quantity of cartridges were being allegedly smuggled
out of the CRPF group centre at Rampur through a source in Allahabad to various criminal gangs and possibly Naxals.
Over 5,000 live cartridges, 16 magazines of INSAS rifles, .25 bore guns, SLR and AK-47s were then recovered besides 245 kg of empty shells following raids at various
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi