Another reshuffle in UP police; 36 IPS officers transferred
Lucknow: In yet another reshuffle in the
state police, Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday transferred 36
senior IPS officers, including police chiefs of 12 districts.
The transferred IPS officers include one official of the
rank of inspector general and 16 deputy inspector generals, a
Home department spokesman said here.
The districts whose police chiefs have been shifted are
Agra, Kanpur Dehat, Gorakhpur, Unnao, Pratapgarh, Chandauli,
Ravidas Nagar, Kanshiram Nagar, Chitrakoot, Gonda, Barabanki
The government had yesterday transferred 36 other IPS
officers including police chiefs of 18 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- IPL 9: Rohit Sharma vows Mumbai Indians will make a strong comeback next season
- Narendra Modi in Tehran: India, Iran joint statement - Full Text
- Toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 92
- Paryavaran Bhawan to be renamed Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls