Another UP minister under Lokayukta scanner
Lucknow: Another cabinet minister of the
Mayawati government has come under the scanner of the Uttar
Pradesh Lokayukta for alleged misuse of office.
"A complaint has been received against Energy Minister
Ramveer Upadhyaya on which a notice has been issued to him.
The Chief Minister has also been apprised," Lokayukta Justice
NK Mehrotra said.
He said that the minister has been given 10-day time to
submit his reply.
The move comes after a complaint was lodged by Samajwadi
Party`s Hathras district president Devendra Agarwal, who has
accused Upadhyaya of amassing wealth disproportionate to his
known sources of income, misusing his local area development
fund and land grabbing.
He has also enclosed a number of documents, including
details of properties in different districts of the state,
official sources said.
BJP had earlier lodged a complaint against Upadhyaya
relating to power purchase by the Uttar Pradesh Power
In response to the complaint, Upadhyaya had issued a
legal notice to BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaiya
accusing him of levelling baseless charges with an intention
of maligning his image.
Currently, the Lokayukta is probing complaints relating
to misuse of office, land grabbing and disproportionate assets
against six ministers.
There are also complaints pending against 10 MLAs and
chairmen of six corporations, while Culture Minister Subhash
Pandey and BJP MLA Moti Singh have been absolved of charges.
Four ministers Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh, Rangnath
Mishra and Badshah Singh have already been removed on the
basis of the Lokayukta`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey