Anti-quota body plans to meet Rahul, Rajnath
Lucknow: A group of UP government employees opposing reservation in promotions today asked BJP and Congress to clarify their stands over the issue.
The Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti plans to hand over memorandums to BJP chief Rajnath Singh and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seeking their stands on the matter, its president Shailendra Dubey said.
"We plan to meet Rajnath Singh and Rahul Gandhi during their proposed visits to Lucknow and Amethi on February 5 and 6 respectively," Dubey said.
He said the Samiti has written to the parties seeking time for meeting their leaders, besides explaining the problems that would arise if the bill is passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days