Anti-quota body plans to meet Rahul, Rajnath
Lucknow: A group of UP government employees opposing reservation in promotions today asked BJP and Congress to clarify their stands over the issue.
The Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti plans to hand over memorandums to BJP chief Rajnath Singh and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seeking their stands on the matter, its president Shailendra Dubey said.
"We plan to meet Rajnath Singh and Rahul Gandhi during their proposed visits to Lucknow and Amethi on February 5 and 6 respectively," Dubey said.
He said the Samiti has written to the parties seeking time for meeting their leaders, besides explaining the problems that would arise if the bill is passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!