Anti-quota body plans to meet Rahul, Rajnath
Lucknow: A group of UP government employees opposing reservation in promotions today asked BJP and Congress to clarify their stands over the issue.
The Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti plans to hand over memorandums to BJP chief Rajnath Singh and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seeking their stands on the matter, its president Shailendra Dubey said.
"We plan to meet Rajnath Singh and Rahul Gandhi during their proposed visits to Lucknow and Amethi on February 5 and 6 respectively," Dubey said.
He said the Samiti has written to the parties seeking time for meeting their leaders, besides explaining the problems that would arise if the bill is passed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview