Anti-quota body plans to meet Rahul, Rajnath
Lucknow: A group of UP government employees opposing reservation in promotions today asked BJP and Congress to clarify their stands over the issue.
The Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti plans to hand over memorandums to BJP chief Rajnath Singh and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seeking their stands on the matter, its president Shailendra Dubey said.
"We plan to meet Rajnath Singh and Rahul Gandhi during their proposed visits to Lucknow and Amethi on February 5 and 6 respectively," Dubey said.
He said the Samiti has written to the parties seeking time for meeting their leaders, besides explaining the problems that would arise if the bill is passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list