Anti-quota body plans to meet Rahul, Rajnath
Lucknow: A group of UP government employees opposing reservation in promotions today asked BJP and Congress to clarify their stands over the issue.
The Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti plans to hand over memorandums to BJP chief Rajnath Singh and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seeking their stands on the matter, its president Shailendra Dubey said.
"We plan to meet Rajnath Singh and Rahul Gandhi during their proposed visits to Lucknow and Amethi on February 5 and 6 respectively," Dubey said.
He said the Samiti has written to the parties seeking time for meeting their leaders, besides explaining the problems that would arise if the bill is passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?