Anti-quota employees warn of civil disobedience
Lucknow: Targeting BJP and Congress for the constitutional amendment bill granting quota in promotions, anti-reservation activists today staged protests before their respective offices here and warned of a "civil disobedience" agitation if they are forced to work under junior officials of reserved categories.
Under the banner of `Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti`, the employees and officers opposed to reservation in promotions warned of a civil disobedience sort of agitation if the bill is passed by the Lok Sabha and they were made to work under junior officials belonging to the SC/STs.
"The samiti today resolved that employees belonging to general, backward and minorities would under no circumstances work under their junior officials who would become their seniors as a result of this bill once it comes into effect", President of the Samiti Shailendra Dubey said.
Taking a decision to further intensify the ongoing agitation, the employees would demand resignation of the MPs voting in favour of the bill and they would not be allowed to take part in any public programme in the constituencies or anywhere else in the state.
Issuing a warning to BJP and Congress to remain prepared to face the consequences of passing this bill, the employees whose strike entered the seventh day today staged protest dharnas before their respective offices shouting slogans leading to a traffic jam.
The employees vowed to topple the parties, specially BJP and Congress, supporting reservation in promotions.
There are also reports of the agitationists burning the effigy of former chief minister and BSP chief Mayawati.
Earlier, striking employees of different departments took out protest marches from their respective offices in the morning and later held a "virodh sabha" at the GPO park.
"This bill is not in the favour of the nation and nearly 18 lakh employees are on the strike to oppose it", Shailendra Dubey said.
Pro-reservation staff, however, is working for hours extra in order to ensure smooth functioning in the government offices.
"The Araskshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti has decided that in case of strike its members would continue to work for extra four hours," its convenor Awadhesh Verma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared