Anti-quota outfit to launch campaign in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An organisation opposing reservation in promotion to employees of Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday decided to launch a public campaign against the constitutional amendment bill.
Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, during a convention of regional office-bearers, decided that resignation of MPs, who voted in favour of the bill in the Rajya Sabha, will be demanded, committee`s president Shailendra Dubey said.
"It was decided that members will refuse to work under junior employees and a disobedience campaign would be launched," he said.
A call has been given to state employees and officers to remain prepared for a march to Delhi if efforts were made to get the bill passed in the Lok Sabha, Dubey said.
Meanwhile, pro-reservation Arakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti has decided to launch an "awareness campaign" in constituencies of dalit MPs and MLAs, who it claimed had "sided with anti-reservation lobby".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls