Anti-quota outfit to launch campaign in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An organisation opposing reservation in promotion to employees of Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday decided to launch a public campaign against the constitutional amendment bill.
Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, during a convention of regional office-bearers, decided that resignation of MPs, who voted in favour of the bill in the Rajya Sabha, will be demanded, committee`s president Shailendra Dubey said.
"It was decided that members will refuse to work under junior employees and a disobedience campaign would be launched," he said.
A call has been given to state employees and officers to remain prepared for a march to Delhi if efforts were made to get the bill passed in the Lok Sabha, Dubey said.
Meanwhile, pro-reservation Arakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti has decided to launch an "awareness campaign" in constituencies of dalit MPs and MLAs, who it claimed had "sided with anti-reservation lobby".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17