Anti-social elements are ruling UP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Hitting out at the ruling Samajwadi Party government, Mayawati on Monday said anti-social elements are ruling the roost in the state and demanded immediate intervention of the Centre.
"It seems that mafias, goondas and criminals are running the show in the state and this is most shameful... The Centre should immediately intervene into this," an official release quoted the BSP supremo as saying at a meeting on Monday.
Mayawati also instructed her party workers to apprise people about SP`s vindictive policies so that they could "punish" them in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
On the ongoing transfers of police and other administrative officials, the former chief minister said that it was to intended to divert peoples` attention from the government`s wrong policies and the anarchy arising out of it.
Condemning the murder of her party leader and former SP MLA, Sarvesh Singh Seepu in Azamgarh last week, Mayawati said the morale of criminal elements was so high that they were not even desisting from killing officials and policemen.
Referring to election promises made by SP before coming to power, the BSP chief said that the reality of such promises has also been exposed as it has been proved beneficial to a particular caste only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof