Anticipating farmer agitation, security in Mathura villages
Mathura: To nip in the bud any farmer
agitation along the Yamuna Expressway in Mat and Mahaban
tehsils of this district, women constables were on Tuesday deployed
in the area in addition to the police and PAC patrols which
have already been going on.
"No untoward incident has been reported at the Yamuna
Expressway area falling under this district. Magistrates have
been posted in sensitive areas," said Suhas LY, who is the
officiating District Magistrate as DM NG Ravi Kumar is on
Control rooms have been set up at Mat and Mahaban tehsil
headquarters and five police vans are present round-the-clock
in the area.
"Work in the Yamuna Expressway, that remained suspended
for a brief period (couple of hours), has started," he said.
"Besides male constables, lady constables have been
posted in Khapparpur and Bajna villages in the event of women
of the area attempting to disturb the peace," SP (rural)
Hradesh Kumar, who is camping in the Yamuna Expressway area of
Mat tehsil, said.
However, Ram Babu Katelia, leader of Sarva Daliya Kisan
Sangarsha Samiti, a farmers` organisation in the area, said,
"There is no question of rejuvenating the farmers agitation in
Mathura since here the compensation has been paid."
He said, "The police should not harass innocent villagers
in Bhatta Parsol village of Greater Noida otherwise we would
be forced to reach the village and support farmers. We don?t
have any objection if action against Manveer Tevatia is taken.
"Had Tevatia been the leader, he would not have fled till
last. Stern action should be taken against unsocial elements
who tried to foil the peaceful agitation of the farmers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan