Apex Muslim body serves legal notice to VK Malhotra
Aligarh: BJP leader VK Malhotra has been served a legal notice by All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat for allegedly causing "damage to secular fabric" by his controversial statement that Jamia Nagar and Batla House have become safe havens for terrorists.
The organisation said such statements could flare communal passions and pose a threat to peace in the country ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"Your aforesaid statements have caused immense and irreparable damage to the reputation of an entire locality, its residents, its co-religionists as well as such other localities and their residents throughout the country. The damage caused is beyond calculation in term of money," the legal notice by the apex Muslim body read.
Four organisations under the common platform of the All India Majlis-e-Mushawarat have stressed that all talk of development would be undermined if peace was threatened.
In a separate resolution, the organisations including Jamaat-e-Islami have condemned what they described as harassment of Muslim youth and religious scholars on the pretext of false terror related cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview