Apprise masses about UPA`s programmes: Mahila Congress to workers
Lucknow: In the run up to next year`s Lok Sabha polls, Mahila Congress president Shobha Ojha on Sunday asked party workers, especially women, to apprise the masses about various welfare schemes launched by the UPA government at the Centre.
Several schemes for welfare of women had been unveiled by the UPA government and party activists, keeping in mind the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, should brief people about their benefits, she said.
Ojha was addressing a meeting of office-bearers of Uttar Pradesh`s Mahila Congress here.
Former UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi asked the Mahila Congress workers to strive hard to improve the party`s performance in Lok Sabha polls from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police