Apprise masses about UPA`s programmes: Mahila Congress to workers
Lucknow: In the run up to next year`s Lok Sabha polls, Mahila Congress president Shobha Ojha on Sunday asked party workers, especially women, to apprise the masses about various welfare schemes launched by the UPA government at the Centre.
Several schemes for welfare of women had been unveiled by the UPA government and party activists, keeping in mind the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, should brief people about their benefits, she said.
Ojha was addressing a meeting of office-bearers of Uttar Pradesh`s Mahila Congress here.
Former UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi asked the Mahila Congress workers to strive hard to improve the party`s performance in Lok Sabha polls from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days