Armed assailants open fire at a local builder
Varanasi: Some unidentified armed assailants on Tuesday fired shots on a local colonizer identified as `Baccha Singh` in the broad daylight on the Amra Suswahi road here.
The spot where the incident took place is a busy area with a heavy police presence. However, the attackers managed to flee after firing several rounds on the colonizer.
Although, a case has been registered, the police is yet to achieve a breakthrough.
The broad daylight attack on the colonizer has stoked tension and fear among the locals.
There is a growing dissent among the residents about the increasing criminal activities and the lack of action on part of the district administration.
The city has witnessed a surge in the cases of murder, loot, extortion in the recent days and the anti-social elements have got a free run. Sensational murders by group of armed assailants have become a routine thing on the streets of Varanasi.
The rising lawlessness and staggering crime rate is affecting the normal business activities in the city. According to reports, complainants from local traders, colonizers, builders, who are being targeted by the criminals, have flooded the police stations but to no avail.
The city police are not taking stock of the situation and the mafia gangs are operating at will. Few days back, one more trader was shot dead by miscreants just 50 meters away from the police station and the attackers then managed to flee.
The increasing crime rate and lawlessness has raised concerns about safety of ordinary citizens and law and order situation in the state’s biggest cultural city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!